PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Proms pics
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2003, 01:29
Stampe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great pix again Damien ,can tell it was getting dark towards the end.What a superb venue aren,t we so lucky to have Old Warden and the Shuttleworth Collection.Truly the place for those in the know!!.Great to meet you and Mrs DB at long last.Oh and special thanks to Hairyplane for giving me the odious chore of flying his passengers in the afternoon in the lovely Magister and then letting me finish his most excellent Biddenden cider in the evening(replacement case on the way Pete)Life doesn,t get much better!!.Onan the steps were I believe fitted to the lysanders used for clandestine operations flying secret agents into and out of France hence the ladder for hasty ingress and egress.The Shuttleworth aircraft is in a configuration to represent an aircraft used for that role!!.No doubt I will be corrected by some of the more knowledgeable contributors if wrong and lucky Airbedane gets to fly this very rare and lovely aeroplane.If your interested there are several excellent books written by the brave pilots who flew those daring and dangerous missions deep into occupied France,fascinating reading.I think one of these is by Hugh Verity?? very good reads!!.

Last edited by Stampe; 18th Aug 2003 at 01:52.