PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC PILAPT: Flying Through Boxes
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2017, 07:08
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sapperkenno can speak for himself regarding the tone of his post but he has a point. There are times to be supportive - as many have been, but there are also times when somebody needs to be forthright, especially in forums such as this, where people are potentially going to be throwing shed loads of money at training and point out the unpleasant fact that not everybody passes selection tests, or passes pilot training..

My worry here is that this one test the OP is finding "sticky" is probably the one which tests his/her aptitude to handle one of the most fundamental aspects of the job, even in this day and age. If you haven't got the hand/foot/eye bit sorted out no amount ability in other areas (scan rate, ability to absorb info etc ) will fully compensate.

It might sound brutal but some organisations simply wouldn't 'invite" a candidate back for a third go at a test such as described, especially if the organisation/company were going to be paying for the subsequent training..CTC of course may well handle it differently, especially if the candidate is paying....

If I was in the OPs shoes amongst other things (such as having a trial lesson, as someone suggested previously) I would certainly be trying to find out what percentage of CTC's candidates go on to complete training on time, on schedule and on budget and then go on to get a job at a major airline having failed the aptitude test in question two or more times.....

Last edited by wiggy; 24th Jan 2017 at 09:27.