PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Damned by the Financial Times
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2017, 01:08
joblow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with Capt Dart . Eddington's tenure was the beginning of the downward spiral at Cathay .
You cannot cut the quality of your product and expect no push back from the passengers who are paying good money for their tickets and have choices as to where they spend it .
This goes even further , if you treat your frontline staff with contempt, cut their pay and benefits. Then you have to be naive ( and I am being very polite with my choice of words here ) not to realise that the service standards will slip .
It's gotten so bad that the "couldn't care less attitude " from frontline staff has permeated every aspect of our business. The passengers and especially our premium ones are voting with their feet, moving to the Mid East carriers . If you have ever travelled on one of these airlines you would know that their product is so much better than ours that they aren't coming back any time soon .
Our food is for the most part inedible, it used to be amazing, our first class product ,when we have one , is questionably worth the price differential .
What this airline desperately needs is a CEO who understands that a happy workforce equates to a great service product . The only way to achieve that is to invest in your product and the workforce .