PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L39 down @ Duxford
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2003, 00:20
Toddington Ted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Duxford's taking flak again from the Greer Woman! In last Saturday's (16 Aug) Telegraph in the quaintly named "Country Notebook" section, she has another go at heritage aviation. From the contents of her column, she seems to live in an area where all sorts of horrendous things happen to her and her livestock, still, makes good copy I guess.

I was particularly interested (perhaps not amused) in her comment regarding the Lancaster, "Duxford possesses a single Avro Lancaster bomber, which I know quite well. I see it quite often and from very close quarters...." Oh really? Well yes Duxford does possess a "single Avro Lancaster" but unless somethings happened recently it's still very much a static exhibit in the Superhangar! We all know that there are currently only 2 airworthy Lancasters in the World, 1 is in Canada and the other is based in Lincolnshire (oh yes, there is another that does superb taxi runs but she can't mean that one can she? Can someone write to this person (or the paper)and tell her to get her facts right? That said, "Never let facts get in the way of a good story" etc