PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2017, 21:27
A320.b744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AerRyan
BCN-LAX/OAK/EWR will be operating on a separate entity
The article is telling us that Norwegian - which includes Norwegian Air Shuttle and its subsidiaries - will start operating new transatlantic routes. The simple truth of the matter is that BCN-EWR is a transatlantic route that Norwegian will start this year. I don't think that anyone cares whether it's Norwegian Air Shuttle, Norwegian Long Haul, Norwegian Air International; it's still Norwegian. Therefore it makes perfect sense that the New York Times would include BCN in its article about new transatlantic services to the New York area.

Originally Posted by AerRyan
it also gives the impression that you'll be able to fly from Cork/Shannon/Edinburgh/Belfast to there too.
Where does the article give you that impression?

Norwegian plans to begin flying out of new American cities to include Newark; Newburgh, N.Y.; and Providence, R.I. On the other side of the ocean, it will begin to operate out of new cities including Barcelona; Belfast, Cork and Shannon in Ireland; and Edinburgh, Scotland.
The article simply tells me that Norwegian will start flying transatlantic routes out of a range of cities - it doesn't give any route pairs.