PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 23rd Jan 2017, 21:12
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello
I have very practical questions about European licensing, and English language proficiency.
I am training for the theoretical ATPL in France right now. My school says I have to take the theoretical exams in France. Ok.
After that, I plan on moving to another country for the practical training. I am still hesitating between possibilities ranging from ultra low cost to FTE Jerez or even Oxford/CTC (will depend on available funding), but there is a 99% chance I will train abroad.

What is the difference between a French licence and another European license ?
Does it change anything whatsoever to have a licence from another CAA than the one of one's country of residence ?
For instance, in the unfortunate event that I don't have a job after one year, and that I need to revalidate my IR-MEP, can I revalidate these ratings in France or do I have to travel abroad, again ?

I read in the FCL-55 that if a skill test was performed in English, it would serve as a language proficiency test. However, which level would this give ?
If I wanted a level 5 or 6, what would I need to do in addition ? (apart from being proficient of course)