PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Admiral Lord West Trident demands
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2017, 20:47
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
So who are our enemies ? I still don't know

No use saying its a sort of general deterrent because it doesn't deter terrorism . Of the people on my list none of them are enemies at the moment and saying well it can be targeted at some future foe doesnt make much of a case. At the moment the two most likely foes would be the Eu- silly because its on our own doorstep or the USA because they have a megalomaniac president but I suspect we cannot fire them without his say so and he likes the Russians.

As to the anyone who fires a missile at us scenario , no good because its already to late.

So who are the tridents targeted at today - or are they all aimed at Ascension Island like the alleged mis fire. They must be targeted at someone otherwise they could hardly be called operational on one hand and if it isnt targeted at something how do they know it went off course.

As for the national security issue please ....,in todays post truth world everyone knows no comment means yes .

Its a lot of money that we havent got; to defend ourselves from enemies when we do not know who they are or what form they take and the biggest threats to UK security are:-
1 Serious terrorism incident
2 Cyber attack on Infrastructure or financial system
3 Another Wall St inspired financial crisis.

The response to none of these is 'launch nuclear missiles'

Dump the whole shooting match and with the money saved pump £350M a week into the NHS...have I heard that somewhere else tho'?