PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Damned by the Financial Times
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2017, 08:00
Starbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damned by the Financial Times

Trafalgar:
Not really , I would suggest confirmed by the Financial Times. They have said nothing different from all that you guys have said here and elsewhere.

Pilots by and large are a cynical, sceptical and questioning group and that is generally a good thing. The "Strategy on a Page " is nothing more than pure unmitigated "guff". Seriously try and decipher any section (or God forbid "pillar") into plain English or Chinese and I suspect most will struggle or even fail. Take the now infamous "digitally focussed" Really? WTF? Do they mean IT or online. If so, don't I recall much trumpeting of CX leading the away with cutting edge IT (whilst still failing to have fully intregated internet through Cathay City even now)? Although to be fair they are very very fond of trumpet blowing.

Back to the main point, AT in the Friday Flyer stated that the review of FOP will take approximately 6 months. 6 months just to discover what needs fixing before any actual action. What have they been doing for the past 12 months when the clues must have already been there for all to see.

I have seen this before in other companies where they employ consultants etc to come up with super guaranteed fixes for everything. But first you must have a list of buzz words and phrases and ensure all buy into them. Therein lies the problem because most people at the coal face recognise the busll**** that it is and refuse to comply and so are seen to spoil the party.