PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 23rd Jan 2017, 07:01
jo_pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't worry too much about the SID, it was amended straight away on our clearance.

HR questions were pretty straight forward. Tell me about yourself, do you know what the TR is like, did you apply to any other airlines, will you be able to pay for the TR, where do you see yourself in 5 years. And of course some questions around my answers.

Sim was not frozen initially. We had just joined a hold over EME, when we got smoke in the cabin. So we decided to land ASAP, dodar was done flying the hold and we decided to make one more lap in the hold to set up for the ILS 27 (I was too high for the ILS anyway). Both I and my sim mate handed over controlls and started setting up and briefe the approach. Then the sim froze and we were moved and asked where we were on the plate. We were then moved again to an interception course for the ILS. We did not do the NITS since we suddenly were moved and the emergency kind of just slipped away.

I was at Simtech in May last year and I met a guy who did his assessment there. However, I don't think they use Simtech anymore at all.