PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Martin Baker to be prosecuted over death of Flt Lt. Sean Cunningham
Old 22nd Jan 2017, 20:01
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
BV, if I came across as precious or jumpy I apologise. As to being knowledgeable and wise, I'm old that's all, but that has some merit for anyone who's been aircrew in itself. Like overstress, I too was an FSO and was lucky enough to be that it seems at the zenith of the RAF Flight Safety System (merely going by what I have since learned on PPRuNe).

I didn't take BA/BY's post as being anything other than one of commenting on the published findings of the SI. You think that posting that is hurtful for his loved ones. I can only say that the greatest support experienced on other Airworthiness Related Fatal Accident threads has been from families of the deceased. More than anything they wanted others to be spared the pain and suffering they had experienced in losing their loved ones. It was they who castigated MOD apologists trying to shut down debate in their name!

Every tragedy is unique I know, but we cannot hope to avoid further ones unless we consider everything involved. The elephant in this room, and in all the other fatal accident threads, is the UK Military Air Regulator, aka the MAA, aka the MOD. It is fatally compromised and reform is urgent. If you are a UK Military Aviator that must concern you, it certainly does me and I'm retired! I have learned more about Military Air Safety on this forum than I ever did while serving. As an ex Flt Lt pilot, if I can do that so can you. Then you can become "knowledgeable and wise" too!