PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 22nd Jan 2017, 18:16
jo_pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To answer a couple of questions.

I applied in June last year and did not hear anything until the email came late November and CAE called me early Decemeber. On the assessment early January we were 8 people from all across Europe. I believe the ages were 23, 24, 25, 25, 32, 32, 33 and 37. Some of the others had only waited a month or two while others had applied 1,5 year ago. I have a friend who applied about 8 weeks after me and got an interview a couple of weeks after that and others are still waiting.

I know how it feels not knowing anything but it's a freakn' lottery to be honest. Not much you can do about it. One thing to do is to keep updating your profile. I just uploaded my new medical a week before I got the email. No idea if that had anything to do with it or not but it can not hurt.

The simulator for the assessment is a fixed base 737 NG. So looks just like the real thing. The controlls are quite heavy compared to the Simtech simulator or the one I used during IR training.

I did not uppload my CPL results on my profile, I did however, have them with me plus copies for them to keep. No idea if they looked at it. I only had the required files uploaded.