PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan Begging Bowl Out Again...
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2017, 16:22
NutLoose

Received 2,862 Likes on 1,228 Posts
The Shack was working towards that aim but sadly hit a hitch of late, see the Flypast forums

The Canberra is pressurised, that is why I said complex, plus it has bang seats that are probably no longer supported, is it manual flying controls on it? and to be honest isn't that much of a crowd puller, probably one reason tha the VTTS are not doing so well with it, just not the interest there. It's not whether the engines are simple or not, it's who overhaul's and supports them and that is probably the problem, same went for the Vulcan,

Mossies, I think there are three airworthy now with a fourth in the wings, but I might be one to many on that.

The Lanc at East Kirby is working towards it now and I hope they get it airworthy, that will make three in total.

The Gannet at Saints was working towards it as well, but has gone quiet, the Hunter crash has sadly screwed it up for everyone.

My dream would be to see the Sunderland brought back to the U.K and flown. Having seen it flying years ago, it impressed me.