PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Admiral Lord West Trident demands
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2017, 14:06
airsound

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
The Admiral's words are interesting - and there's obviously more to this than meets the eye.

That Politics Home report that you evince, Basil, also includes an account of Andrew Marr asking the Prime Minister four times whether she knew about the embarrassing tack the missile took before she took part in the debate about whether we should continue with Trident. And four times she avoided answering the question. Here's what she said, according to Politics Home.
Mrs May ducked four questions on whether she knew about the incident in an interview with the Andrew Marr Show this morning.
“I have absolute faith in our Trident missiles,” she replied the first time.
“When I made that speech in the House of Commons, what we were talking about was whether or not we should renew our Trident, whether or not we should have Trident missiles and an independent nuclear deterrent in the future.”
Asked again, the Prime Minister tried to turn the issue to Jeremy Corbyn’s scepticism on Trident:
“I think we should defend our country, I think we should play our role in Nato with an independent nuclear deterrent; Jeremy Corbyn thinks differently, Jeremy Corbyn thinks we shouldn’t defend our country.”
The third time, Mrs May said she had been talking about important matters in the Commons.
“The issue we were talking about in the House of Commons was a very serious issue. It was about whether or not we should renew Trident, whether we should look to the future and have a replacement Trident. That’s what we were talking about in the House of Commons, that’s what the House of Commons voted for. I believe in defending our country; Jeremy Corbyn voted against it, he doesn’t want to defend our country with an independent nuclear deterrent.”
Asked bluntly by Mr Marr – “Prime Minister, did you know?” – she replied: “There are tests that take place all the time, regularly for our nuclear deterrents.”
You can see the clip here
Theresa May refuses to answer questions on Trident 'misfire' - BBC News

Her evasions look like a smoking gun to me.

airsound