PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Martin Baker to be prosecuted over death of Flt Lt. Sean Cunningham
Old 22nd Jan 2017, 06:40
Bob Viking

Received 550 Likes on 150 Posts
It's one thing to have an opinion. Quite another to use an anonymous website to air it for all to read.

The SI has clearly brought out all the lessons and everyone is now well aware of them for the future. I get that some of these lessons were already known about. Saying "I told you so" changes nothing.

You, and others, seem to think I have something against retired guys sharing the benefit of their experience. That is not correct. I do have something against retired guys sneering at the RAF of today and pretending everything was better when they were in. If that is not what you are doing then I don't have a beef with you.

Let's look at this from another angle. The longest running thread on this forum (that I am aware of) was the Chinook Mull of Kintyre thread. What if I had posted on there that I thought the pilots were to blame? Would you expect everyone to sit back and say "that's alright, BV, you're entitled to your opinion"?

Anyway, since I appear to be the only one who took issue with RetiredBA/BY's original post I'll give it a rest.

BV