PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific, Asia's World Airline. That's how we WIN !
Old 21st Jan 2017, 22:22
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Runny,

I applaud you for a positive and thoughtful post. However, many of your pilot peers have been saying these same things for years, both publicly and privately. It doesn't matter. "They" know better. We are "million dollar morons". Truth is, very few of us actually have a million dollars and many are not morons. We are at the coal face. We compare and contrast what we do and our product to that of other airlines. The work our pilots do is industry leading. Sadly, our airline's product does not follow suit. We have been milked by bean counters who think their financial spreadsheets tell the whole story of the airline. Though important, nothing could be further from the truth. Airline seats and cargo capacity is not a true commodity market. There are many inputs by both airlines and the customers which cannot be accurately measured by any computer. True leaders know about these nuances, but we don't have many of those in CX. We have zoologists and Oxford educated clones, most of whom have never had an original thought in their lives. They just emulate their predecessors and regurgitate information. Their education represents little more than qualifying for and surviving the meat grinder. Maybe this financial crisis will produce a real leader, but I wouldn't hold my breath. This is Swire. All they know how to do is take advantage of the underdeveloped world. Now that SE Asia is getting developed, they are struggling...