PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB January 2017
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2017, 19:50
Ennio

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hughes500

If I may ask, after you took control, what then?
Did you land or run the other guy through the correct actions for "stuck pedals"?
I really don't understand why you allowed him to go any lower than 500' without being the
instructor you should be and demonstrating the correct actions. You appear to me to be
trying to dig yourself out of a hole you have created which makes you look very much like
the instructor a PPL would not want to fly with again? I've flown with only a few who would
consider doing what you did. During my initial PPL training in 88, I had to change instructors
so I could get to grips with hover engine offs. The replacement instructor was calm, considerate and would not have entertained behaviour such as yours. I have to agree with HC and DB I'm afraid.
I don't post very often on here but I do visit a few times a week. With regards Mil verses
Civi pilots, I personally see no difference here on the North Sea. I have flown with each many times. I also flew elsewhere for 9 years before coming to the NS. To me, it's a persons attitude that makes a good pilot. Putting anyone down does no good at all in my opinion.