PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2017, 21:34
Concours77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey

The crew were well aware of Wx, they phoned CC and warned them, they had deviated, and they Expected rough. They got it. I'm at a loss how this thread conversation turned to startle. I also recall the initial report said nothing was recorded on the right side of the cockpit.... Not indications, but nothing got recorded. So we end up with stick traces? Mystery.

If no indications were recorded, how do we know about the 400 ft low? If it was real, then fine, but how could it be an artifact and spurious but end up on the DFDR? From the right side?

There was no CVR data that showed any discussion about the AP loss, only "I have it..." ? Right?

Startle? The a/c kicked out the AP. Lacking any remarks, it's like that was expected. "we tried everything....!" Except for nose Down, or handing off to the "good" side? Or maybe having a chat about what this "everything" was?

Only initial remarks about ascent, then they quickly terminate..... Followed by everything except Nose Down?

Ever the helper, did the aircraft input some NU? Very touchy about Overspeed, this program?