PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB January 2017
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2017, 14:48
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 433 Likes on 228 Posts
HC, I never wrote about demanding mandatory training post PPL. By claiming that I do, you've just invented it as another way of venting your spleen against others of a different background to yourself (i.e. military), as seems to be your usual thing. As I did say, you really can't comment on military training or supervision because by your own admission you don't have any experience of it.

I also know that some very sensible newly qualified PPL helicopter pilots do regularly ask for an instructor to fly along with them and pay them to do so (and which will please you, not necessarily an ex-military one). Good on them. But it's an unfortunate fact that at the other end of the scale some low houred, fresh out of the box extrovert PPL "know it-alls" know so little they don't even realise they are about to do something that is likely to result in an accident and there is no supervisory chain to stop them. Which is where this thread began. The evidence is on the accident report above and in a depressingly high number of others in the past.