PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Buy on Board
Thread: BA Buy on Board
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2017, 10:54
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Returning to LHR on a 319 yesterday. Passenger asked in the galley after seatbelts off for a glass of water and was given a thorough explanation about the BoB service and how water in a bottle cost £1.80 or 225 Avios (I think he may have been feeling a bit unwell looking at him). Cart pushed to the curtain then heard that they had apparently run out of food stock within about 10 mins although no official mention of this. I was near the back and certainly no one near me was offered any refreshment. Crew were getting off and were met by what appeared to be a 22 year old manager in a hi-vis who was vocally debriefed walking from the aircraft at T5B to the transit platform (including carrying on the discussion in the elevator with me, a passenger). Apparently the transaction devices are not working as planned - one of the crew explained to the 'manager' how 'they all knew how to operate an i-pad so why was this so different' and how he felt it was 'unacceptable to run out of food so quickly'. Bit unprofessional to voice your concerns in front of your customers I think but then when seated near the real galley, you sometimes hear the choicest of conversations when they're strapped into the jumpseats.

I miss the tea/coffee biscuits etc but I'm not going to pay £2.30 for a hot drink, £4.00 for a Heineken or a minimum of £1 for a packet of crisps when they were complimentary last month and the ticket price has not changed (on the routes I use).