PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2017, 10:54
ExRAFRadar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It’s not just about one career, every job I’ve had has been a different life ,I’ve had many lives in many countries " - Walter Mitty/Schizophrenic ?
This is the sort of thing that will get the thread taken down. Are you a doctor?

TCT has upset a lot of people with her escapades and what happened, where, and with who.

I've not met many Civilian Pilots, but have met many RAF aircrew. I know there are some bad apples but to a man the one's I met were typically professional, unassuming and even, dare I say it, modest. (Harrier Jocks aside )

Aviation has no comparable industry in the World. My mind boggles when I look at FR24 or similar. Aircraft of all types, from the 787's flying halfway round the world to someone in a Cessna trying to do a navex to Devon.

All those machines, all those aircrew, ATC, Support staff at Airports all over the world, all the things that can go wrong and yet disaster is so rare we pour over the reasons for mishaps and crashes.

So what did TCT do that has raised the ire of that body of people who are involved with Aviation?

I believe she simply broken the unwritten rule of Aviation. Don't big yourself up when you have not walked the walk. If you cannot perform the mission you Man up and walk away from it.

It is that sense of Honour that has been shown to be lacking. In most people that doesn't matter very much I suppose, but in my mind for a pilot it is the one trait that must be there, it has to be first and foremost.

To the poster who I quoted above, I apologise if this has come across as a pop at you. But it did make me think about why I follow this thread.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Good weekend everyone.