PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB January 2017
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2017, 01:50
Cut or Paste

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HeliComparator, you point out the differences between a trial lesson and competition flying, and how you treat them differently. That's the decent and proper way to approach it, good for you. Gliding is a lot of fun.

Now imagine if you took up some unsuspecting "friends" on your competition, and they trusted you because they didn't know any better, but trusted you because you are the pilot? I'm sure that you would agree that that would be a bad thing. An extremely arrogant/invulnerable/macho thing?

I don't think this is about relatively inexperienced instructors, more that some types of PPL are just complete twunts. We all make mistakes, but really, the "wave at friends" one is comedy gold.....I bet that will be used in so many case studies. (note to self: get down to Ladbrokes).

Seperately, the cost of running an aircraft is huge and the margins are small. Add to that all the other overheads. Just charge the customer more, if they don't like if they can pick a cheaper hobby, like golf or basket weaving.

Anyway, I hope you don't bite my head off. You appear to be in a bad mood or something?

Peace and love, man!