PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2017, 17:44
Qtr Life Crisis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From OAA/Easyjet websites "route two"

"Generation easyJet applicants “Tagged” by easyJet, who demonstrate superior performance during ATPL ground school will be eligible for an “upgrade” to the CAE OAA easyJet MPL programme. The Integrated ATPL to MPL Upgrade scheme allows students to benefit from a significant reduction in course fees and gives them the certainty of joining easyJet at an early stage in their pilot training journey"

From Route three:

"The easyJet “tagged” CAE OAA Integrated ATPL pathway allows flexibility and enables candidates that were not selected for MPL to continue as a easyJet “tagged” cadet. With strong academic performance during ATPL ground school, students that go on to complete the CAE OAA Integrated ATPL course meeting easyJet’s rigorous training standards can enter the A320 type rating training programme without further selection screening"

I may be wrong but it seems that You have to meet certain requirements to meet that Tagged status (as said previously in this post at the discretion of the airline and those requirements aren't promulgated as said above. You dont seem to be protected as an easy jet cadet. Route two seems shrouded in mystery whereas route three is very clear that you pay upfront as a white tail and are simply offered the TR without the selection process. Am I not reading this right? Like I understand that they both end in employment but it seems to me like whether you meet the requirements is up for assessment by the airline during the course and if you dont then you are just a white tail correct? Which brings me back to the fact that unless you are route 1 then you are taking a huge risk as you aren't a "safe" easy jet cadet.

Again only those route two or three people will be able to truly say (which M585 rightly states)