PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE Jerez Instructor Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2017, 22:07
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UAV689
I hear nearly everyday from line training captains I work with that they generally find modular guys preferable to integrated! Reasons they give are greater ability to think for themselves (they have often had jobs before and are more mature) hand in hand with maturity the ability to hold a conversation, and they say they often have a higher situational awareness and better airmanship due to not being spoon fed. I believe the integrated product is preferred by hr, as it's easy. Hr depts are very lazy world wide now, and always prefer to use agency's in whatever industry, and the integrated product with the shiney marketing leaflets fool everyone.
I would like to agree with this post (I would like to confirm both aspects for myself)
The other aspect is that the modular training is longer (even if you could do almost as fast as integrated) so simply the person has been flying longer !

Even though I've seen it in at least two different fields, I'm still amazed at the importance that HR people give to recruiting people based on anything BUT their technical/real ability for the job.

However, I've come to the conclusion that, as of today, being recruited will always be more challenging than being up to the task after being recruited...
So in the end, since we only want to be recruited, we should choose integrated training...

Do you reckon one modular student could save the date by training at a CTC/OAA/FTE ?
Paying the extra price for the extra reputation that HR seems to need.