PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA28 or C172
Thread: PA28 or C172
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2017, 16:49
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPP

I think practice makes perfect!!! With a little more practice, perhaps you might just get your "greaser" on the numbers! I think this is all with perception of how high you are vs how high the wings are, you'll get there!

The biggest difference between the 152, 172, PA28...etc... Will only be your position in the cockpit, and your view of the outside world. Some will feel higher than others, and others will feel wider...etc... You'll get used to this soon enough! There are a few key knobs that aren't where you expect them, and finding where the fuel drain can always be a little fun (especially in the 172SP which seem to have 5 under each wing and 3 under the cowling... For some reason...).

Something to bear in mind, and something that I only noticed just after my PPL, doing circuits in the high winged plane is a little different to the PA28s in the sense that when you're turning, you can't see WHERE you're going as easily (ie where you're turning to) whilst you generally can in the PA28.

Give them both a spin, do a few hours in each, see which you prefer flying - but do give it a few hours. It'd be silly to make your judgement in haste!