PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S92 "unexpected control responses"
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2017, 13:08
Satcomm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sultan - I agree. However, there really is no digging for the information. The true fact is, the original IMD software does not have the detection capabilities of the new SGBA software. Noe does the original SGBA software, which I believe was used in the initial "detailed analysis" have the same detection capabilities as the latest (Jan 10) SGBA software release.

"To my knowledge" the new software has 2 additional condition indicators added to the tool. Believe these are looking a little deeper into the bearing then just a vibration level (rollers to race freq comparisons/rollers to shaft comparisons). The new software requires less intial data points to set the mean data and the thresholds for collecting these points have been lowered to allow this to happen much quicker. Also, additional algorithms for comparing the the latest data point collected to the previous 20 (looking for step changes rather then limit exceedances). On top of all that, Sikorsky has returned the limit to the original 1.75 from 2.5.

Last edited by Satcomm; 18th Jan 2017 at 13:27.