PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA28 or C172
Thread: PA28 or C172
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2017, 12:26
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the OP is a freshly qualified PPL holder
Of course, and to assure the ease of piloting, all certified airplanes meet the design requirement of "must not require unusual pilot skill, attention or strength" (or words to that affect). This is deliberately intended to assure that newer pilots do not perceive massive differences between types. A little "getting use to" sure, but within their skill set, if they're understood the contents of the flight manual.

Indeed, this does pose a challenge to the ace test pilots who evaluate these aircraft, as they have to detune their skills to some degree, so as not to accidentally mask a demanding characteristic with their skill, which the new pilot might not have.

Aviation tends to contain elements of pilots telling other pilots how different aircraft are to fly, and a little "enthusiasm" sprinkled into their comments. Many types have been warned to me before I flew them, for the most part, I found a pleasant airplane. The only fire breathers I have found are a few taildraggers, who will let you know if you're not applying rudder adequately!