PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2017, 08:56
AerRyan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A320.b744
My point is that we don't know the other two airlines that are considering starting Belfast flights, but given that there are only a limited number of airlines that could potentially fly the route - American, Delta, United, Norwegian, Aer Lingus, Virgin Atlantic - i.e. airlines that have either operated from US hubs to regional airports, or have started flights from regional airports to the US, then by process of elimination three of these airlines must be the airlines that are having talks with BFS management. Whether or not any of these talks amount to a route, only time will tell.

Well it's a good thing that I don't believe that BFS will continue to grow at the same rate as it did this year. I believe that, like most other airports, BFS will gain one or two routes every year, with a route being scrapped every now and again.

I don't understand why everyone thinks that Ryanair's success and potential expansion at BFS is hinged on basing a third aircraft. New routes can and have already come in the form of non-based aircraft, and given that the vast majority of destinations on people's 'wish lists' are Ryanair bases, I don't see why this should cause as much of an uproar as it does on this site.

I never said that Ryanair would expand from Belfast at a huge rate, or even expand at all; honestly I'm surprised that they opened so many routes within the first year of operations. I just made the point that there are several key destinations that do not yet have a direct Belfast service, and that there is the potential for Ryanair, as well as for all other airlines, to grow out of Belfast, just as there is room for them to grow out of all airports. I don't see anything wrong with thinking that there is room for growth.
This is a fairer outlook yes, but I don't see any US route coming anytime soon. You're right with there is only so many airlines that will fly these routes. It's also worth noting that Airports are always "in talks" with airlines, at least they should be. I can't see anything arising, as I've said alot of these airlines aren't in expansion mode.