PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2017, 15:13
Concours77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fear, muscle memory

Hi,

Without audio, (447 CVR) it is impossible to make any theory about "emotion".

With the Corsair pilot's death, I reverted to having only one God....and I have had but one since.

My personal theory about the (Corsair pilot) crash involves muscle memory, and rapid control movement, fed by "get home itis."

When pilot saw he was not over the runway threshold, he reverted to muscle memory, an unfortunate one. "Pull the stick, firewall the throttle." But he was not flying a Corsair, he was flying a Beech twin....

The aircraft made a small hole in the roof, not a long gash. He should have pulled the stick, and firewalled the throttles......arse about.

As to 447, the reason this discussion is eight years on, and twelve threads in, is because we yak about the part of the flight path that is fundamentally irrelevant. What was the status and attitude of the aircraft at the most important moment in the flight? As the A/P quit, and the a/c was four hundred feet low, Nose Down, and the Stall Warn was active? Oh, and rolled right?

It is the interface, Machinbird, as you say. The human is being evolved out of the equation, replaced by ever more "dependable" automation. Emotion and intuition are poison, data and speed are paramount.

One of the reasons it takes me too long to write this is my IPad's "autocorrect" I spend too much time correcting autocorrect: "What's it doing now?"

Thank God the I pad doesn't fly......wait a minute.......

Last edited by Concours77; 17th Jan 2017 at 15:26.