PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2017, 10:49
BlackandWhite2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do not enjoy talking about this, but....

In the last 2 years, for so many times, I "reminded" my friends in 777,
that they had the opportunity to fly the excellent 787,
that they could expect to have a stable job in VNA for xx years in 787,
that sooner or later the 777 fleet would be phased-out and they might lose their jobs in VNA,
that they should act quickly before it's too late,
For fxxking 2 years, I kept reminding them. Because I knew they enjoyed the life in 777 fleet for years, and they would love to stay in VNA for another xx years.

And what's the response from them?
They showed me their schedules and said: "Hey man, I only flew 40 hours last month. And this month I fly only 25 hours and I have 2 weeks vacation. Why should I move?"
Then I said: "But, what if VNA phase-out the 777 fleet?"
They looked at me with big smiles and said: "That is only a rumor from years ago....VNA will keep some 777 because VNA can not find any buyer. There is no worry."

Conversations such as this one, kept going on for 2 years, and they insisted only "idiot expat" would pay the bond and move to 787 from 777.
Now, they have to say "Bye Bye" to everything they enjoy so much in Vietnam.

I never ask them: " If time went back to 2 years ago, would you make a different decision?"
No need to ask. I do not see their big smiles anymore, and that is the answer we both know deeply in our hearts.

Also, for the last 7 years, I personally know 2 expats got FIRED, without 60 days notice, only 2.
1 did not pass the PC.
1 had serious CRM problems with all pilots. Even his countryman hoped VNA kicked him out.

Sure, maybe there is more.
I do not personally know the other expats got FIRED without 60 days notice, but I do believe, there must be a very strong reason behind.
"An 787 expat captain got fired simply because a local guy is coming to 787 to take his seat?"
My friend, I do not buy it. Either you do not know the whole story, or you are hiding something from us and you intentionally exaggerate something you want to show us.