PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2017, 07:04
Rottweiler22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sara, I think the "white tail" scheme is just a way of them dressing-up the idea of simply applying to Easyjet once you've finished your training, with a self-funded type-rating. A large number of CTC and OAA graduates get into Easyjet that way.

There were rumours going around that if you get exceptional results in ground school at CTC or OAA, then Easyjet can cherry-pick you and give you the option of switching to their MPL or course, or continuing on your ATPL course as a tagged student. These are pathways two and three on the OAA website. A lad in my class called the powers that be to ask for more details about the scheme of being tagged by Easyjet post-GS, and they confirmed that it is definitely happening, but you must have applied, and have been unsuccessful for an Easyjet MPL course. So pretty much, pathways two and three are only available for those who failed Easyjet MPL selection, and were offered an ATPL course instead by CTC or OAA.

Far be it from me to make it into a tagged versus self-sponsored argument, but the only people I know who went to a top school, and struggled to find a job are people with multiple EASA failures, and, or were unable to apply themselves in interviews, not being able to fit the bill of what an airline "wants". The rest were, and are being mopped-up by the budget airlines very quickly, Easyjet making-up a large majority. So from what I've seen, a tagged scheme isn't necessarily the only way to go, although I do agree to some extent with what Officer Kite says, i.e taking a massive gamble if you're not capable. Sadly, there are some people on my course who are getting very poor results, and genuinely aren't cut out for it, to which you have to wonder who on earth would employ them.