PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New EASA ATPL questions
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2017, 23:05
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I will never learn by heart the answer to a question. At the minimum I will try to learn the table of data behind it. (Don't forget we're talking about air law and ops here..)

EXCEPT when it's the only solution to do so !

There are a few questions that can be answered with common sense, yes.
But my ops book is 5 years old. Imagine any numerical value (be it the minimum number of passengers to require 1 fire extinguisher, the visibility circling minima for cat D aircraft or whatnot) has changed, in a newer set of EASA questions : how I am supposed to cover for that ?

Plus, I know full well there is a significant amount of questions that won't be easily answered using only the books*. Probably not enough to fail me, but largely enough to get me under the very important 90% threshold, that will allow me to apply at flybe (among other airlines, I bet)

(*Example : the right to damages is lost if action is not brought within which duration ? no trace of that in my book, but it was in BGS online QB)

I also don't know what to do when the answer given by the QB is wrong.
Like yesterday, avexam told me sideslip angle (not drift angle) was computed by INS/IRS..

Will we have open questions ? These are more complicated to answer because you can't guestimate if you don't know, but they're a relief in cases like above.