PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2017, 17:51
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Long post..apologies now.

Mary: You make a very valid point. Ewald is not in the frame because he is a bloke, he is allowed to get away with it.

(Only joking) The main reason Ewald is not mentioned as often as he should is because of his ability to blend away from the spotlight. Like you, I too believe he is complicit in this whole charade and he is not the only male to have encouraged TCT to do what she has done.

I have now had an email back from Portsmouth University (see below) to my reply has been:
Dear Professor Galbraith.

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

I shall now take time to consider my options and seek further advice before I decide on the next step.

There continues to be a great media interest in her activities throughout her flights and no real evidence of the "outreach" which has been claimed. However, there is mounting factual and verifiable evidence to support claims that there has been a deliberate attempt to mislead. There are many questions that remain unanswered and lines of investigation to pursue; the university honour is just one small part of the whole picture.

In the meantime I thank you and your staff for taking the time to answer my enquiry. I shall leave it up to your collective consciences to decide if giving an award to Miss Curtis-Taylor was really in the best interest of the university and if promoting her as a suitable role-model is indeed a sensible stance to uphold.

Yours sincerely

Xxxxx Xxxxx
Personally I don't think that chasing the Uni any further will be a good use of my time. They have nailed their colours to the mast and when this all is finally over they can join the queue to receive the media questions.

I don't know the answer to this so seek the knowledge of you chaps (and chapesses) on here, but what are the UK regs on low-level recreational flying in the UK? Acceptable or irresponsible? Where does the following early July 2013 flight sit with you all.

As above regarding my lack of knowledge but...
The Stearman was first seen in the UK in public in early July 2013 and it was flown here from Hungary at a date yet to be determined.
It departed Goodwood for a flight back to Hungary on 22nd September 2013 in preparation of the Capetown to Goodwood jolly. There are images of its departure with TCT in the rear seat and an as yet unidentified front seat occupant.
A search of the FAA register shows that TCT and Ewald both got their FAA licences issued on the same day: 23 September 2013.

Questions: Is there anything unusual about this? More importantly, is there anything untoward about this bearing in mind the reg status of the aircraft (N56200). Feel free to PM me or via e-mail ( [email protected] ) if you don't wish to publish a response.

ta very muchly
SWB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Final letter from Uni.jpg (147.0 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by SATCOS WHIPPING BOY; 16th Jan 2017 at 18:06. Reason: to add e-mail address - my inbox is filling up fast.