PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How were your PPL written exams?!
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2003, 21:40
flyingwysiwyg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T P R,

I am one of the worst in the world when it comes to exams. I hated them and everything about them when I was at school and college and only did well in the ones I was interested in.

When I did my PPL, the thought of exams put me into a cold sweat. However, I did find that because I am interested in flying, all of a sudden self motiviation becomes so much easier. The exams are all quite interesting (apart from some of the annoying bits of air law) and all serve a purpose.

It's a good feeling to get through your entire PPL off your own back, knowing you've put the work in. No one can take that away from you.

It is difficult with the work thing. Take the books to work and make a clear half hour for lunch, answering machine on and read a chapter. Read them on the train. Half an hour before bed. In a traffic jam. It will soon sink in!

Once you've done one exam move straight on to revising for the next. Kick yourself to do it. Ask your instructor to keep hassling you if you think you work better under pressure. I did!

Best of luck.

F - Wyg