PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2017, 10:41
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
There are two sides to every story and there will be those who support one or the other.

What I find troubling is that there are those of us who have read all of this, investigated fanciful claims, and have gone on to establish further facts. Then there are those who by their own admission have not, or cannot be bothered to, read up on the subject but feel they have the right to undermine those who have.

The majority of TCT supporters fall in to that latter category.
Ref Terry Holloway in post #2796
"I certainly haven't read all the posts... My knowledge is based on the award the Air League gave her in May on the basis of a dual fight."

Is it because they don't want to read the truth? Maybe if they took a little time to read through it all then their stance/opinion/support might just change. It has for others within this thread - a quick look back at the earlier posts show folk who were pro-TCT but have changed their opinions. I know, because I was one of them. I doubted the veracity of the claims against her, I watched the Aviatrix film, I read the newspapers, I read her Facebook and Twitter pages; I read this thread and I changed my mind.

Her supporters should not be discouraged from engaging on here. It is welcoming to see another point of view and how that view has been formed, A lot of them are unaware of the whole story so it is a pleasure to steer them to factual sources that show the deceit.

On the downside...
I expect to see more of them in the very near future simply because of that solicitor's letter. Their posts will all follow the same format ie "I think your posts are harassing/defamatory/witch-hunting/distressing" etc not because they are but because that solicitor has said that posts of that nature will be used as "evidence" that harassment has taken place.

With regards to that letter: I have read it and looked at ALL of the posts referenced within it. They are all taken out of context and so would not stand up to any scrutiny. Note also that the letter pre-dates the Herne Bay video publication. So the part about

8. These allegations are untrue. Ms Curtis-Taylor has never sought to mislead anyone about the way that her flights were undertaken.
Means that TCT has mislead her solicitor too.