PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2017, 05:42
blueandwhite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hobbit1983
Prehaps blueandwhite merely finds the obsessional behaviour displayed on this thread somewhat disturbing and distasteful.
Originally Posted by Jonzarno
Then I would suggest that he/she has three simple options:

1. Argue logically against it (my preferred choice! )
2. Put up with it
3. Stop reading the thread.

Come to it, those choices apply equally to all of us.
Well Jonzarno thanks for your suggestions. I feel there are more than three options but just to explain to you why I wont be following your suggestions as you put them.

1) I don't think there is much chance of a logical argument on the internet.
2) This thread goes beyond what I feel comfortable knowing about and not commenting on.
3) I don't read much of it anyway as many of the bits I do read seem to me to be an unpleasant waste of time.

What I will do is let you know what I think of this thread and its contents. I will also mention the conduct of Tracy and Jay.

Firstly this thread seems to come about because Tracy mislead quite a few people and nothing I say should be taken to mean that I think that is OK. You will no doubt be aware that it was was quickly alleged that I was some how sympathetic to her following my post. (this lack of logic in the reply to my comment is the sort of thing that makes me think your option 1 is not a realistic option.)

Then she got some awards that seemed, at best, very generous when viewed in context of others achievements. Some would say they were not deserved at all, and I would agree with that.

This thread was started and there was a campaign to get the awards reviewed. The LAA award was removed. And that shed no glory on anyone although I think it was the right thing to do. If it was the best thing to do is another matter.

I'm not sure what the state of play with the other awards is and I do not intend to read this thread in detail to find out.

So why did I comment. Well Jay is coming over, to me at least, as a man obsessed with persecuting Tracy. The continued attacks look very much like bullying and a personal vendetta to me. To start the thread was justified in putting right a wrong, IMHO. But it has gone so far as to become very distasteful again as it appears to me. I'm almost beginning to feel sorry for Tracy.

I think I picked up somewhere that Jay was an ex journalist. I think I see in his words standards that have brought the journalist into disrepute over the last few decades.

So that's why I commented on Jay's conduct.

What about Tracy? I think she has misjudged her conduct and as a result has not promoted either GA or female aviators nearly as well as she could have. Yes she has achieved some good publicity its just such a shame it was built on deceit. Does she deserve the comments in this thread, well some yes but all of them, not by any means.

So to end. I will be reading bits of this thread if it goes on. But I won't be reading every comment and I will be replying to few, if any.

Jay if you read this I urge you to drop this harassment of Tracy. You are doing no credit to yourself, aviation or your old profession. This is of course just my opinion offered to you to do with as you wish. I have no expectation that you will take any notice, but you know how I feel.

Happy Flying everyone.