PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct entry F/O in major US airlines
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2017, 01:20
lambourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UAL777
Don't know what you mean by not true. Most junior 777 CA at UAL has 25 years in the company. If you mean the 757/767 fleet, even that's 20 years for left seat. Even then you will be a reserve captain and most likely paid only monthly guarantee of 73 hours pay and per diem if you fly. Another thing I don't understand is the older employees being a positive thing in your opinion. I can understand cockpit crew being older probably means more experienced but how is having grandmas in the back working as cabin crew a positive thing? Anyhow to each his own but there are plenty of airlines around the world that offer equal or better terms and conditions in the big picture.
Hired in 2013, no college degree and this terrible attitude you seem to have about UAL? What a terrible mistake they made in hiring you. You sound a lot like some the FO's I have had recently that have been here very little time and complain more than as if they were 35 year flight attendants. I would highly recommend you looking for other employment as you are not going to be happy at UAL. Of course with those qualifications you quoted you most likely could not get a job anywhere else. So I have to wonder......do you fit into one of the special hiring catergories?