PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2017, 22:48
sara98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I honestly would not accept it. Essentially the school want you to start on a course with them, or at least attend selection with them again, they make a profit either way.
It's not necessarily a lower level or less prestigious offer Sara98, in my view. You are actually invited to take ADAPT again right away (instead of waiting for 6 months) and be placed in pretty much the same program without the easyjet sponsorship.
Many thanks for your replies!!

Their invitation sounds like a way to make Stage 2 retakes join their self-sponsored ATPL course, which is undoubtedly a valuable opportunity as well.

Anyway, what I honestly don’t understand is why they relate the “White Tail” integrated ATPL course (which is the fourth pathway they mention on their website: CAE Oxford Aviation Academy) to easyJet if this course is actually not related to the easyJet sponsorship!! In the email they sent they say “you would still be able to apply for easyJet as a White Tail graduate” but…as a White Tail graduate, wouldn’t I be able to apply for any airline company, including easyJet but not only them?!? I really can’t see any obvious link between “White Tail” graduation and easyJet.

Moreover, I can’t either find any advantage in undertaking Route 4 (“White Tail” Integrated ATPL) over someone who decides to join the self-sponsored OAA ATPL course they call "APP FIRST OFFICER course"…these two programmes seem to be exactly the same thing except for their different names.

Am I wrong? Please tell me if I am misunderstanding something in your opinion because I really need your point of view!!