PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Historic Overweight C130 Incident
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2017, 21:36
Art E. Fischler-Reisen

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That reminds me of the time I was bringing back a Puma from Gutersloh, to UK. I was tasked at short notice to additionally bring back some personal effects of a senior army officer. Two fully laden 4 tonne trucks appeared and I asked where the personal effects for us were. I was told by the driver that everything in both trucks was expected to go on! It looked like the entire contents of a married quarter including furniture and large tri wall boxes. Unfortunately we had a ferry tank inside plus some ground crew passengers. I took one look at the ridiculous load and refused the lot except for a few small boxes and a comfy swivel chair, which the crewman strapped down and happily sat in all the way back across the channel.

We also went through a time in Belize where a newly arrived army major convinced himself we were being over cautious about what we could carry for him on our regular flights from down south. He built a mini air terminal and insisted that every soldier and piece of equipment went on a set of scales. To his dismay and our benefit, it resulted in us carrying even less than before because the declared weights of much of the stuff we had been regularly flying was badly under-estimated.