PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France/ Egypt Air air prox incident
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2017, 18:30
Chronus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
KayPam:
Yes, I am not familiar at all with the A300-600 trim system, but if you ( or the system ) trim for 3000ft/min and you suddenly depress the A/P , I wonder how the pressure on the yoke will be. Add delay due to some surprise and possibly a bit confusion over the R/A ( level off is a new 7.1 feature) then most probably receiving another corrective RA ,( under 7.1 this is what you get ) and you could get close to the scenario. Not an excuse though, , just a tentative explanation.
misd-agin :

Agree, but where did you get the 700 ft from ?
I think he got it by deducting the reported 300`separation from the RSVM of 1000`.

I am rather curious about the following from the report:
"Approaching FL210 MSX541 reports following a TCAS/RA and is observed climbing through the cleared level."

Is this the MSX crew saying they were complying with their TCAS RA.

ATC WATCHER says:

"It is not a separation tool it is an anti collision system. So here they got what TCAS planned."

But we don`t really yet know how and what avoided a collision. After all MSX says they were following the RA. How come they changed their mind and what could have happened if they had not. All we know is that MSX climbed through their cleared level for reason that they claim they were following a RA on their TCAS.

Fortunate all were spared the cheese, the kind with holes in, on this occasion.