PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2017, 11:15
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by antonioGr

At the end of the day, we are talking about the same school which will be a big thing on your CV once you graduate.
Hi!

Personally I think that was a judgment many in the past had made, "oh it's Oxford, we'll find a job having gone there", unfortunately more than a few people have had to learn the hard way that that is not true, despite what the school want to make you believe. I know personally of cases where people have for whatever reason not passed the Ryanair or easyJet assessments (they dont get easier after doing the training) and have been in limbo then. I know a particular case where an individual never actually got a job and one who took just under 2 years to get one.

My point is that risk is not for everyone (certainly not something I could stomach). It is priceless getting on an airline scheme as it removes a massive worry of job hunting at the end of training - which really is not fun.

And I do see the previous poster's view that it should not be looked down on by doing a 'whitetail' course, however the reality of the situation is that those on an airline scheme performed better (at least in the airline and school's eyes) at selection than those just offered the whitetail.

Maybe go for the whitetail assessment for the experience and to improve yourself? Receive the feedback and then have a go at the fpp or something ... best of luck !