PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the deal with Cathay DE FO recruitment. Is it genuine ?
Old 15th Jan 2017, 08:25
McNugget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Ecureuil

Are your figures on both sides BA/Cathay including things like DOA, FHR, allowances and in CX case housing + schooling? i.e the full package.
No anger over here, Sir. Apologies if that's the way I came across.

Wires obviously crossed, which is why I suggested a longevity-based answer. My point is that a PP1 DEFO will net a similar figure to a 'senior' BA captain. That is, after tax, NI, and all the rest, £10.5-11k.

What I make isn't particularly relevant. But I'm only a couple of pay points down the track, therefore quite familiar with what I speak.

I'm not sure what DOA/FHR are. I'm sure there's a CX equivalent, but to answer your question - that figure is the cash figure you'll be paid, and can do with as you wish. It doesn't include schooling, and there is no housing. Don't know much about the schooling, other than it's 75% or 90% of the fee, depending on the type of school. No clue on the dollar figure, sorry.

Regarding SOs - it's put some noses out of joint, and I feel for them. But, it's happened before and it'll happen again. While I would have been unimpressed if it had affected my FO upgrade, I was cognisant that it was a possibility before I signed on the line. The contract has provisions for it. A bit like joining Emirates, and getting upset at DECs.