PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2017, 22:13
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Freedom of Information is complex and I do not understand all the details of how it works, however I did realise that Portsmouth University would be bound by the Act and so I made my enquiry. It is unclear, to me at least, if the Royal Navy Royal Marine Charity would be defined as a "public body". That said, it does not feature in this link which states that

"The vast majority of charities are not subject to the FOI, irrespective of the amount of public funding they receive".

https://foiwiki.com/foiwiki/index.ph...on_Act_2000%3F

Charities
The vast majority of charities are not subject to the FOI, irrespective of the amount of public funding they receive.
The main way for a charity to be subject to the Freedom of Information Act is for it to be listed in Schedule I
The Charity Commission, which regulates charities, is subject to FOI. The Charity Commission holds a reasonable amount of information about all registered charities, mostly in relation to their annual returns (financial accounts, so information about donations and spending), lists of charity trustees, and complaints about charities.
Some public authorities are seperately registered as charities, as they meet the relevant legal criteria for FOI in their own right. Some examples of charities that are subject to FOI are shown here.
Jay
Although this is important...Which raises the question how did Lorna Skinner obtain part of a private email from 'Jay Sata' to the head of the Royal Navy And Royal Marines Charity? How did Lorna Skinner know that you had e-mailed Mr Robson? Did you tell her, or was it just a lucky guess?

Moving on...
This little snippet has come my way, it outlines what looks like early plans for Bird in a Biplane. It makes for interesting reading. I cannot take credit for finding this, it came from another member on here.

Bird in a Biplane | Development and Graphic Design - Soraya Gilanni Art Direction | this-ness

Discuss