PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas' broken and overworked A380 fleet
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2017, 17:31
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by blow.n.gasket
Isn't the CEO one of the category's of staff allowed to travel on the flight deck?
Then why the hell didn't he lead by example and do that rather than displace commercial passengers.
The very people who cough up some $14 million bucks a year to pay his remuneration.
This leads into another question.
How many $ millions of bucks are Year are spent on Bain & Co?
Why is this exorbitant amount spent on consultants to make business decisions when Qantas already has one of the highest paid executive airline management teams in the world.
OINK OINK , pigs at a trough!

PS FLIEGENMONG very cryptic, reference the chocolate bar.
Anything to do with brown hankies or bandannas in the back pocket?
It's not a new phenomena, it started in the 70s. My father was a manager then and the first foray into using consultants turned out to be a disaster as the old saying goes "they borrow your watch to tell you the time and then walk away with your watch". To rebuild some semblance of unity a lot of people including my Dad were invited to a meeting to 'have it out' over the disaster. He was one of the few that stood up and the question he asked was "Considering (at that stage) we've now been in business for between 55-60 years and are largely seen as the most experienced airline or in a very small group who are... when do you think we might be able to safely make these decisions ourselves using the resources of the 12,000 people who work here and are very experienced". The Exec at the time (although not on an exorbitant salary) responded something like "We'll never hesitate to bring in expertise when we feel it's necessary" to which Dad responded "That's what I thought". Now, I only mention this because the consultant fad had just started back then and even though QF was govt. owned (although an unlisted public company) there were still people around who presumably loved using consultants because there's someone to blame if it doesn't go well.