PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas' broken and overworked A380 fleet
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2017, 17:02
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Fris B. Fairing
There used to be a staff travel category of "MUSTGO".

Entirely appropriate. He must go.
There was at other airlines, it was an IATA code but for Qantas it was originally BM1P/P100 or MM1P/P100 when they had alpha numerics (e.g. Crew who were positioning were Postive Space, e.g. PS5P/P185, etc. and High Priority LSL trip CS, etc. I can't remember all the codes but it was something like, in descending order MM/BM, FS, PS, CS, AD, SA and then they went to numerics... Senior Mgmt/CEO/Board Member when on urgent business (read, always)... 1, Operational Duty Travel something like 11 through 18, starting with Tech Crew and flowing through to Cabin but actually useable by Ground Staff as well... many thought that was a Crew code but it was actually "Positioning to effect the operation of an aircraft". I had one once, a new process was required to be trained to staff at a certain location to do with Loadsheet production, we were given an Op Duty Tvl category because if we had not been there and trained the personnel, the aeroplane may not have operated. Following on from that (they've probably changed now) was 19 (Commercial Upgrade, usually due prev. mishandled or similar), 20-35 various levels of semi-firm travel and the higher class of e.g. 30 year LSL trip or something then Space available from about 45 through to 77 - e.g. 77Y/Y4000/YY (where YY is other airline code). From memory the first number is the onload priority, then the bookable class, / then maximum upgradable class, then a number which defines the upgrade order but is made up of two digits indicating type of travel and year of joining. It was a very simple and effective system and even in the QUBE days, pre-Amadaeus CM DCS, the table in the system which I think was called the CPI (carrier priority index) was spot on accurate, you would need to override it at flight close to upgrade wrongly and it would be picked up. From other aspects I've seen of CM, I assume it's a lost more sophisticated now as I think if upgrades (staff aside) of commercial pax are required I think the system has a file that ranks by FF tier then and/or by pax priority, e.g. the company that is most valuable to QF and perhaps the person that signs the contracts can rocket to the top which is pretty smart business actually however this last bit I was told so it may be a capability that I haven't described properly or on the wish list but I'm pretty sure it's real. You can bet despite the outcome of the DXB delay that I bet Platinum One, Platinum and Gold didn't have to hang around.