PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign CFI/ii in US,
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2017, 03:06
Bigbess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foreign CFI/ii in US,

Ive been lurking on this website for a long time now, but never had anything concrete to add to it. Now though, im faced with a dilemma, and im hoping this community would help me in my decision.

Im currently a foreign instructor (CFI/II) working in the US, my dream was to join the airlines here, but the hard truth has finally hit- regionals wont hire internationals, and i dont see them doing so any time soon. I currently have close to +650hrs with no types and no ATPL. Ive been working as an instructor for a while, but now i feel my time is not taking me anywhere, and im not sure where to go from here. I could go back to school and get my masters which would buy me some time to figure out my situatution, but eventually i would want to continue with a flying career. Ive looked into flying in Asia and Africa, and even though that kind of lifesytle excites me, i dont know if airlines / charters would take me, considering i only have a CPL, no type, and all FAA licenses.
Anyone been in my shoes? Anyone has opinions or advice as to what i should do next?