PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2017, 16:51
fwjc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had to post this because I hate to see someone bad-mouthed unnecessarily.

To make it clear, I feel great disappointment at the way in which Tracey and her team have chosen to represent their travels, and agree that many of her awards have been made based on false statements.

However having flown with Tracey as a passenger and watched her practice display from various perspectives, I am quite happy to fly with her and I am confident in her ability to handle tailwheel aeroplanes. I would have no issue with flying with her. There is no real evidence to suggest that her flying abilities are anything other than acceptable. There may be some evidence to suggest that her navigational skills have room for improvement. But unless you have specific evidence to question her ability to fly the aeroplane, please don't be unkind.

Note: before you raise the arizona incident, I know of a many tens of thousands of hours highly experienced pilot who managed to ground loop a Stearman. Nobody is questioning their ability. Similarly there are umpteen very experienced people who have had unfortunate incidents, particularly in vintage types. It doesn't mean that they're rubbish pilots, necessarily. It just means that on that day, in that situation, they might have made a mistake. Old aeroplanes are less forgiving of that than modern types.

In summary: I agree with the unmasking relating to false claims. I disagree with this unkind, unfounded judgement about her flying abilities.