PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Queues - we love 'em
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2017, 16:27
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Ditto Luton for all of the above. Except the gates cannot be seen from the lounge. I think the problem is that each section want to off load pax to the next section ASAP.

Get them through security. Get them through the shops. Get them to the gate early. This means that they cannot be blamed for pax being late as the call was early. Simples!

The fact that the gates are not designed for this (to save money) is not their concern or problem. I suspect that 'flight boarding' has replaced 'go to gate' to get pax out of bars and shift blame. Since the staff won't go to the gate until needed (they don't have spare time) there is no one to manage the pax being shoved down the stairs from behind.

One day, there will be a really nasty accident but until someone goes to A&E, or the morgue, nothing will change. That's my cynical view of modern life. Ask for low fares and when outsourcing and disjointed services present problems? Ignore them until you are forced to do something. Normalisation of deviance and all that.