PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drugs anyone?
Thread: Drugs anyone?
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2003, 11:37
Winstun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
displaying the distinct lack of intelligence and blatant stupidity
…a good introductory outline to your post…
So you reackon its ok for certain pilots to indulge in smoking drugs
…never implied such. What I do state is that it is rather meaningless to target the rare off duty cannabis user while hundreds of ill-effected alcohol users ply the skies daily.
if I or others I know had any doubt as to a crewmembers sobriety or the inability of them to do their job then they walk and dont have any business on my flight deck.
Thats very cute but not effective…problem is the my is often the they.
That is a government law and regulation under the CAO's WINSTUN in case you didnt know.
Yes, I have rarely known of an airline pilot to break this law…..because the law has vague definition and interpretation.
To compare alchol to heroin use is pure ****e
Correct, heroin use/abuse levels are not an even slightly significant threat to the good fare paying public. I was describing heroin damage to the body from a clinical viewpoint, I do not disagree with your other comments on this drug except that it is not an relevant (like marijuana) to public air safety.
Give me the amber fluid anyday
...That about says it all…..you and many. Unfortunately many are not aware of the actual effects of alcohol on mental alertness even after 8/12/24/48 hours of use.
an increasing number of younger people that appear to be fit are joining the ranks of those with heart disease/cancer/stroke etc.
..love to know where you gleaned this scientific fact….so whats your point? Its healthy and acceptable to be an obese pilot?
These dangers have been addressed in all the media - TV/Newspaper/Radio
Are you not majorly embarrassed to quote your knowledge source from the common Australian media? As to pilots flying whilst "hungover"
"a. Define the term." Affected by previous alcohol intake, suggest min 48 hours with proper rest prior to any operation.
"b. Prove it." Easy, walk into any worldwide airline layover watering hole and meet all the drunk pilots flying within the next 24 hours.
These are very serious allegations Winstun so if you are aware of these practices I suggest you act on them according to the law… In short Winstun the law is the law like it or not… Bust the rules and you get caught in which case you wont get my sympathy.
Give me a friggin bone!! You still don’t get it, do you? There is no effective law to prevent fat alcohol effected people like you and your mates from risking the lives of the good public on a significantly widespread daily basis. The law is the law and the law needs to be changed. Damn right its serious...and the sooner these people are not flying affected, the better. I think your medically educated passenger is far less concerned about the rare pilot that may have puffed on a little bit of marijuana or heroin many days previous. Its really astonishing that pilots like Timee, given the responsibility of a multi million dollar machine, cant even comprehend the reality on this subject. Or maybe they dont want to.

Last edited by Winstun; 16th Aug 2003 at 11:48.