PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew to strike
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2017, 12:06
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by virgin mary:
And It would appear they have the support of most BA and other airline staff groups and their own passengers!
I disagree. As a very regular and loyal BA customer with two trips (one business, one leisure) booked during the 19-21st I am currently in the process of cancelling and rebooking with another operator. Along with the Southern Rail and Tube strike this week, the disruption the Unions have caused to fellow commuters over the past month or so in London has been unacceptable - at least I'm fortunate that there is competition on my routes from LHR. The BA brand is only attractive as long as the cost is acceptable and service is reliable and despite the Christmas disruption not happening, I made changes to travel plans then as well. Although I fully appreciate that my custom means almost nothing to BA and that should the flights operate, the seats I had booked will be occupied by someone who will have undoubtable paid more than I have, industrial action damages a brand and unlike the railways in the UK, air travel often provides alternative choices (as often reminded during the on board PA's). BA short haul out has already undergone some brand adjustments this month which are not in my favour and I question the wisdom of Unison electing to call action now, other than to contribute to the other industrial action mentioned thus generating additional publicity and adding to the impression of a union activity bringing transport infrastructure to it's knees at a time when the economy needs to strengthen in anticipation of invoking article 50.
I see one of the picket boards in EGLD's image quotes Richard Branson:
Clients do not come first. Employees come first. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of the clients
Can someone remind me what Cabin Crew at VS are making these days?

Last edited by Reverserbucket; 13th Jan 2017 at 13:18.