PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "life in a post-flying Australia and why it might actually be ok"
Old 13th Jan 2017, 07:45
Willie Nelson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, a bunch of pilots chucking rock at what is essentially a though experiment regarding a world that has finally taken a strong stance against climate change, who would have thought.

I'm a pilot and I've derived my income from this caper for the last 18 years, I love it but I am deeply concerned about the consequences of climate change too.

There is little point in debating it on prune though because the collective total of us pilots that accept that not only is climate change real, I could count on my left hand. Let alone those that recognise its effects here and now.

The cognitive dissonance is insurmountable for most pilots to accept.

The implications of climate change, if we collectively chose to accept them are so significant that indeed, these sort of changes would be required. But these changes will of course not happen and therefore, crack on as you were and we can all go back to sticking our heads up our collective arses and let's just see what happens hey.